Health Insurance ALERT!
NYU Changes Employee Medical & Prescription Plans and YOU PAY MORE! NYU recently notified UCATS Local 3882 that they are making changes to the UHC Choice Plus Value POS Plan and the UHC High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) effective 2019. The changes are: -In-network and out-of-network expenses will no longer cross apply toward meeting your deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums -- YOU PAY MORE! -Changing the reimbursement method for out-of-network charges to a method that will mean -- YOU PAY MORE! -Changing prior notification requirement to a prior authorization requirement with a medical necessity review. If using an out-of-network provider, you are responsible for getting the prior authorization. And, will you be denied services or procedures if UHC deems them as not "medically necessary?" -Without prior authorization you will pay a penalty -- YOU PAY MORE! -You will have to pay the difference between a generic and a brand name drug, plus your copay - even if your doctor thinks it is best for you -- YOU PAY MORE! UCATS Local 3882 believes these changes violate the Collective Bargaining Agreement we negotiated with NYU just last year and has filed a grievance that calls for the immediate revocation of these changes and reimbursement for all out-of-pocket expenses incurred by members as a result. These changes will not apply to the UHC Choice Plus POS plan. Tell Andy Hamilton (212-998-2345) - We can't afford to pay more! Play Fair With Our Healthcare!
Student Debt Clinic
AFT Student Debt Clinic Sponsored by UCATS Local 3882 Presented by an expert from our national affiliate, The American Federation of Teachers Date: Thursday, November 8 Time: 5:30-7 pm Where: NYU School of Law, 245 Sullivan St., Rm. 334 CLICK HERE to sign up - required to attend. NOTE: In the box to "Select" your Student Debt Clinic, scroll to the bottom and select "UCATS-NYU, 5:30 pm, 11/8/2018."
- If you or a family member have student loan debt;
- If you are struggling to make monthly payments or worrying about student loans following you throughout your life;
- If you are tired of getting phone calls from loan servicers, or concerned about how to tell scams from genuine help when it comes to debt forgiveness;
- Your union, UCATS Local 3882, is here to help.
- Information on how to enroll in income-driven student loan repayment programs;
- Help in enrolling in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
- Information on the help that is available for the kind of loans you have;
- Information on how to avoid common mistakes and what to do if you've already made them.