Since 1979 UCATS has been improving the rights of the clerical & technical staff at NYU.
These rights include:
- the right to a living wage
- the right to affordable health care
- job security and a pension
- the right to representation and due process
Our success is due to the participation, strength and resolve of our members. Your rights and benefits are spelled out in our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Your union is run by the members―you and your coworkers. Your shop steward, the executive officers, and even the president of the union, are NYU employees like yourself who volunteer their free time to work for you. Your UCATS representatives know first-hand what its like to work for NYU.
New Employees earn thousands of dollars more each year because the starting salaries include every raise UCATS has negotiated since 1979. In other words, you make the same amount of money as the person you replaced. That’s why nationwide, unionized workers earn 25% more than non-union workers!
The wages and benefits in our CBA weren’t given to us by NYU out of kindness. Everything was won at the negotiating table by the strength and participation of our members.
- Sign the petition– NYU: Respect Your Workers – Settle a Good Contract with UCATS
- Bargaining Update Nov. 15
- Bargaining Update: Rally for a Fair Contract 11/14
- Bargaining Update Nov. 3
- Contract Extended through Nov. 30, 2017
- Student Senators Support Letter
If You Need Help
If you need union representation or would like help with any work related issue you can speak with your area steward or call one of our experienced organizers:Linda Wambaugh
All calls are confidential. No action is taken on your behalf without your consent.
Appendix D Courses
Appendix D courses are non-credit courses for which NYU has agreed to reimburse our members for the usual 20% copayment upon completion of the course. Appendix D courses are updated each semester based on course availability and member requests
Email Sign Up
Sign up to get the latest information on our events and activities.
* We can only send email to non-NYU email addresses.